Wednesday 3 April 2013

Rewind to 1972

A classic BBC TV children’s “Blue Peter” program line up from around 1972 with Peter Purves, Lesley Judd, Val Singleton and every boys favourite, John Noakes with program pets Petra, Jason and Shep from the era I was in Junior School.

It's enough for you to know that I have a poster of that scene being very much a part of my childhood and that I continue to watch the show several decades on, thoroughly enjoying it from the days of been glued to a 19 inch black and white tv to seeing in high definition digital colour today.

It's not the only thing from that era that left a major influence on me.


Although things were topsy-turvy back then for being more like a girl and grown ups less understanding of than today the values of Scouting played a major part within it back then.

While what the boys wore I could live with in more robust play I preferred to wear dresses and skirts especially for more formal things like school and scouting.

Back then I didn't know what to call that.


Of course back then I'd of wanted Sindy dolls to play with, dressing up and having adventures.

No comments: