Wednesday 5 October 2016

The grey short trousers and I

There are two forms of presenting for me and today we'll take a look at the more traditional one.

Ever since "knickerbockers" aka plus fours went for children in the early 1900's short trousers for boys came in although the length did and continues to vary.

Branded as in logo prominently displayed casual wear is a something that came in around the 1980's usually from a sportswear direction with only the Sweatshirt which was American not so what we wore was basically tailored except for t shirts which were strictly casual.

Our play clothes were more or less our worn school or sunday best repurposed seen as potentially expendable.

In my era 99.9 % of boys would of been seen in grey short trousers at school and only white or khaki coming in for leisure or scouts and the move even in juniors toward long trousers seemed a way off.


These were stereotypically what we wore some like these Medium Grey, others Charcoal and unlike those marked at schoolboys today they were short with two or three inch inside legs common while in the 1940's and 50's they'd been a fair bit longer.

They were lined unlike some today and had pockets and to be honest I did feel pretty comfortable in them.

Although this isn't technically a good picture, this taken in the early 1980's at a prep school was pretty much how a junior me looked being raised as a boy and yes we had a good deal of thigh on display.

Today I do wear short trousers some of time not least because when "playing" or exploring they are more practical less likely to get caught in things, catch wind and cause your skirt to rise exposing your underwear and that.

They do help in managing my age dysphoria in making me look more how I am on the inside still a junior child and were not an issue although I do like to wear skirts much of the time getting pretty antsy if I can't.

I can wear them in more feminine ways too if I wish.

The bigger thing in being a adult little gurl is following my interests as that sissy and Tom Boys are just the same in reverse.

No comments: