Thursday 1 May 2008

Dealing with behaviour from my conditions

People are very much at odds about dealing with complex adult kids that in a way seems odd given when legally I was one and you were handled in just the same way as any other at the time regardless of disability or syndrome.

When you see what is about to come your way your eyes become fixated upon it.

I do find spanking helps with my alertness and concentration.

The tears are real and a sign of genuine regret for your actions
In the intervening years the psychological and medical understanding of Autism with ADHD which is one of my major disabilities has improved when it come to explaining why my brain sees and acts the way it does but in working so much on explaining, it has lead to a belief that when it comes to my actions all you should do is talk and take me out of situations.

It is very true to say "You cannot spank autism or adhd out of the child", it certainly is not a cure for my condition but I and others do need to learn to make better choices about how we deal with our feelings and at times I know mine are bad and have impact on others.

It is also worth thinking about my capacity to control them which in some ways is not much dissimilar to a younger child.

"There is nothing wrong with you that a spanking can't cure"

There is little outside of that moment I am in a meltdown to suggest I am incapable of thinking through things better, which might be to ask for a pause in a situation rather than just kicking off so we can work through it.

Nor is it I can remember past experiences and draw from them provided they have left a powerful lesson imprinted on my memory.

Spanking should be used as a first resort when I do something dangerous, lie or disobey you. Spanking should also be used when other punishments have failed to stop my misbehaviour. 

Spanking me very firmly for my inappropriate responses to my Autism and ADHD doesn't cure my condition but can help cure of of those responses that ultimately set me back getting on in society.

There is NOTHING wrong with me that a spanking can't cure when it comes to my behaviour.

Tammy should be spanked for hur autistic tantrums and adhd behaviour firmly as much they also can be helped to manage hur condition so avoid getting to a point they may react badly.

You cannot spank away my autism and adhd but you can spank away my behavioural responses by providing a strong, painful and powerful deterrent to them and I am capable of learning through that.

No comments: