Wednesday 14 May 2008

Model Railways and Action figures


To me as a child having very own trainset was a dream come true.

The first one I had was a O gauge set with a diesel battery powered locomotive with mainly blue body with white around the edges that run on plastic self coupling track that had points and a decent set of matching coaches.

The track easily got twisted on the house carpet and wasn't easy to put on a wooden board.

I later got an all metal set with a electric controller, a turntable and some Lima and Triang coaches and locos, often going to local shows to buy used bits for it including buildings in kit form and trees.

I just loved it as that child, playing for hours with it. 

 

Action Man was my world from the age of Nine through Fourteen, collecting accessories such as vehicles, dinghies, weapons to using in playing soldiers killing and torturing the enemy when not planning my own escape with my mates when we played together.

Best of all unlike G.I. Joe he was British through and through.

No comments: