Wednesday 8 May 2013

The old days

 It's Early Summer where I had been talking people about their childhoods and how different things are compared to what modern children are used to not least the more authoritarian way schools were run and how teachers treated us.

It wasn't unusual for a board rubber used to clean the blackboard of to land next to an inattentive child or just informed you were to stay in over break times  if you hadn't completed the work set. 

Whenever I spent time in skirts back then while the teachers were not around, that's like I looked.

I mentioned comics which were big with us but comics often lead to year books or annuals with original storylines and more pages in colour as many comics were just two tones on newsprint.

Here's a bunch from the early to mid 1970's so I know these and my comic reading tastes at the time were little different than most boys and the two main ones, the Beano and Dandy were aimed at girls as well as boys having a mixture of story types some set at home, some school based all very relatable.

I have a number of the Beano and Dandy Collectors editions with classic stories and compilations by various cartoonists who worked for both outside a few original old comics.

No comments: