Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas 2013

It's Christmas which for me means it one that is back in the past even if its Twenty thirteen which means we have comic annuals from the past in them such as the Beano.

It is the 75th anniversary of both the Beano and Dandy this year which is a mighty long time in history of comics and in the Beano remains many of the characters I loved such as Dennis the menace, Minnie the mix, Roger the dodger and of course the Bash Street Kids.

The Dandy ceased regular weekly publication this time last year but had a Summer Special this year which was a pleasant surprise.

This years annual leads off with Desperate Dan on the front but includes favourites such as Keyhole Kate who's always nosy, looking into other peoples business and the great Korky the cat.

My copy has a poster included.

Also included was Diamond, a new hardback novel by Jacqueline Wilson continuing the Hetty Feather story. I like her books loads.



Mummy bought me a new and very feminine pink pair of pull on fur lined slippers and some cute socks.  By the way that bell is old and loud!


I also had this Hello Kitty hand towel and face cloth set for when I go away with friends.

The trouble with being a sissy gurl tends to be less the boy stuff you get but the lack of anything feminine even when people know you are so things like gloves end up being converted to smaller girls gloves that do fit and ditto the socks as my feet are child sized and not man sized.

So while I'd rather that kind of stuff didn't happen, there's no point obsessing over it as you can deal with and anyway not everyone is fortunate to receive presents at all.


No comments: