Wednesday 5 August 2015

Things for a Summer Day

Summer always was magical but without the structures of school work it didn't take much to get bored especially if it was a rainy day which we sometimes get.

One staple was the Summer Special and this year I got the Dandy and Beano ones which I always read as a young child more or less until Mummy cut of the newsagents order and so would buy copies during works lunchbreak and the like.



I just found they keep me smiling as I recall what we did back then.



The good thing about annuals and books is if it is a rainy day you can start them and resume later on if it brightens up easily so I keep a good number around including a few past Summer Specials.

It was a lesson I learned in Juniors and as a little, I find it also helps now.
I'm not just a physically active little sissy gurl but have been known to colour so it's not all running around or playing ball games so I bought some new colour pencils to do a bit of suitably girlie colouring with.

No comments: