Wednesday 27 December 2017

Christmas 2017

It's usual on this blog to write something around Christmas here because it for one thing it's a major childhood memory, it's almost as big on my age regressed side having that Christmas Eve anxiety at night thinking what I may be having and finally its two whole different days. A heady mixture, what?

I'm home with Mummy and Daddy and I can smell the Turkey cooking ready for Lunch as we visit our neighbours and having just opened my presents.


Fun that was a direct re-run from my actual childhood came from this annual with adventures from Dennis the Menace, Minnie the Mix and the Bash Street Kids plus a special annual of the Dandy featuring such favourites as Korky the kat, Desperate Dan and Beryl the Peril.


I had some money from Mum, one brother that were put toward some compact discs and a HMV voucher.


As strange as it might sound finding a recording on sacd of either Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or Romeo and Juliet is difficult as much as you might of thought hifi people might of seen that as a demonstration title.

I had this disc which has Romeo and Juliet plus Orchestral extracts from The Snow Maiden coupled with a recording of his First Symphony by the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra by the much talked about conductor, Neeme Jarvi plus a sacd set of Sibelius Symphonies and Chopin Preludes.

As well I had a scarf and blu rays of Back To The Future  together with the Karate Kid which were two of my favourite movies from the 80's as I slowly replace a few by the better looking blu ray versions.
I hope you had a super day with your gifts and toys but also with company too.

No comments: