Wednesday 29 August 2018

Sharing all

I was brought up partially at a boarding school which is a very different set up from day school where you may have siblings but you are not with your schoolfriends all the time and you go out to be with them.

Inevitably you shared a dormitory so you got changed and took off all your clothes to get to bed in front of each other so you know who had a mole 'there' and they know my spine was twisted, so much so it gives me gyp. 
 

We also talked while getting dressed, in bed before lights out and in each others dorms apart from the Common Room so we were very much had emotional intimacy because we all know everything about each other which made for very deep relationships.


The appeal of Lego is almost universal and I dare say many of us have items  in our collections but where do you think such  a fascination might end?

Many of us have limited space, it may be say your dorm, a bedroom or perhaps a small flat but could it contain such a mania is something that you might wish to consider as even with the advantage of of being able to have a whole room to make and display your models in.

We just just might need to limit our wants to end up with something we can use.

It's hardly surprising then that Boyhood was and is the biggest single influence on my childhood as much as I'd of rather things were different.


I so would of loved to had annuals like this in my dorm but back then it just wouldn't of worked out as much they were me.

No comments: