Wednesday 19 February 2020

Trainspotting in the Lakes



In 2020 I accepted an offer to go trainspotting, just like they did while in the past I'd of passed up on it unless it was part and parcel of being under the care of an Uncle or my Dad, taking pictures and even volunteering to go into a railway station museum.

I actually loved doing it in the company of men



This is Carnforth railway station in Lancashire out and about visiting things which I'll post over the next few weeks.

I'd of been in toned down uniform as the plan did involve some suitably brownie like rovering, gathering things for art projects, going on hikes in the great outdoors so a little bit of thought to how some items *may* look to the muggles helps although to be honest everybody accepts me as that "Little" here with those changes. 
I'll talk about those bits next week

One thing that used to irritate me was how dad always took us to train places when we'd rather do other things  so one thing I have been doing is visiting those things from the side the gurlish me loved on my own terms.






The Museum at Carnforth Station and then on to a live steam railway.


Plumpton Bear


The very train I travelled on from Haverthwaite to Lakeside and back by steam traction.
There I am on the train!


In the engine shed, the smell of oil bought back boyhood memories of the many sheds I went around but I was in here cos I felt I belonged, talking with men about the exhibits on my terms.
I always loved engineering as a boy then and today I felt at peace with being here and being who I am. A Little.

That to me is the point apart from going places I've never been before and creating new 'little memories' which bearing in mind my disabilities is no bad thing at all as helps when I'm not so good and also helps with my memory which I have problems with.

I am moving on.

See you next week!

No comments: