Wednesday 7 December 2022

Advent is here!

 Hey, we're in December now!

We begin the Christmas countdown here with something that  a friend has already started as they make a pictorial Advent Calendar at one site every year which I really like.

Christmas is really for Children and whose of us who may in law be adults but retain much of our childhood selves, enjoying all the little rituals we re-enact year after year and one for me involves advent calendars.

While things are different than they were, as the sort of ones I had often had things connected more with the Christmas Story like angels, shepherds and the like, this one, based on the hit tv series Paw Patrol is one the one I've got.

It's simple, no toys behind each square or anything like that, just the choco but simple is really what I'm wanting not those more adult type ones certain people are pushing that cost tens of pounds.


It also means I can read a bit per week of this years Beano comic christmas special with 68 full colour pages just as I did back then.

It was colder out this week, temperatures down to three degrees but although the hat, gloves and dufflecoat were on so were the dresses and skirts, still out on the street, interacting with folk.

I usually tend to run down this blog over christmas as I like to spend time making it happen, being with my folks and that so we should pause in two weeks time until Boxing Day Monday.

No comments: