Thursday 3 January 2008

Into 2008

Christmas is officially over two years on from establishing this new blog of mine which is as well as Friends Reunited more or less went way with ITV buying it for clickbait and removing that which was good about it.

Ever since I have been on here I tended to write something for the New Year but before I get on to that, this time of year is connected with me to annuals, usually by comics, magazines or popular tv show that you'd get at Christmas from your parents or relatives


Many annuals have been produced and are found by people emptying lofts  in cardboard boxes and here's a good sample that from the bottom of the right pile has a number of the themed collections issued in recent years by D C Thompson, publishers of The Dandy and Beano from those comics archives.

Many of the others are annuals of now deceased comics I had access to such as Cor!, The Eagle, Sparky and Wizzer and Chips which were mainly boys own comics and The Dandy and Beano annuals of the year.

I say Boys Own because there is a style and format in story telling in either comic or novel form that engages directly with a boys interests, knowing what he is interested in and avoiding what he's not often looking toward adventure, science and battles.

Trying to write between the sexes while not impossible is hard to pull off and moreover as boys these are what we gravitate toward so it is entirely right that things should be gendered to what each needs and looks for.

Going back to that introduction, while I did read and will talk about some books written mainly for girls that I got some mileage from this new year, this blog is a adult littles blog with a twist for I am a feminine  boy, happy to be called a sissy gurl.



So between that I'll be looking at boy interests the ones that started in my boyhood , things that I started since and going to the beginning looking at presentation for little sissy gurls like me as they come together on one frilly package.



No comments: