Thursday 24 January 2008

Music and me

Music was and still is a first love of mine from the days I performed at school, recorded other peoples music sessions for the music teacher or sat in awe of the Church organist.

I listened to the radio a lot as a poorly boy where I might catch oldies pop shows,  "This weeks Composer"  or "Lunchtime Concert" on Radio three if not taking in an evening classical concert.

I also had a record and tape collection from an early age from pops recorded from the radio for me featuring "Bubblegum classics" like Sugar Sugar by the Archies, records either I bought or had bought for me such as those by T rex, The Bay City Rollers and The Beatles or classical albums donated by relatives to which I added over the years.

That's one reason from time to time I have a few music reviews on here because they are connected with past times and a past interest that goes into my future.

No comments: