Wednesday 13 April 2011

Junior Play Time

Okay so it is officially springtime here thank goodness.

Two topics today.

First off today I have been wearing my Gilbert "Blaze"  black netball skirt pictured today that i've had for a while.


It was teamed up with a cute t shirt, high cut cotton pink and white knickers and some cute teddy bear cute socks I got from BHS.

Seeing it's been a sunny pretty warm week from weekend it was opportunity as a sissy to  pretty myself up and enjoy it.

The second thing was while talking with some people like this a load of stuff around play came flooding back to me.

When I was younger I think about eight or nine years of age recess at school got more difficult as the gender divisions in social orders got more obvious and one result of this was I was very marginalized as I wasn't openly adopted by the girls (although they were understanding) and  starting to be ostracized by some boys. 

Anyway, I used to play a lot with the infants and one the things I used to play with them with was Disney marionettes, puppets you move by manipulating the strings at the top of a set of strings connected to two crossed over hand controls. 

I had a Donald Duck and a Pluto like the one pictured below.


That's Pluto and his box.


 That one is from the late 60's and I think mine was very similar being made from plastic although I can't recall if I had it new or if it was a 'hand-me-down' as we weren't well off financially.

We had hours of fun doing little puppet shows in the playground although we had to be careful in the summer and early fall as nearby there were trees and often wasps nested by them or in the old school bell nearby coming around after our sweets

You could say in hindsight it was the first indication of how gender interests and presentation effects socialization apart from the extent I'd remain a feminine little gurl.

No comments: