Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas 2012

If you have just come to this blog you probably did not expect me to publish a Christmas edition as I had said elsewhere I wasn't doing one before Christmas as I was going to be very busy organizing stuff for other peoples Christmas's, visiting and the like.

A Christmas for me is unapologetically a little affair, simple, very childlike wrapped around some groan up parts such as being with relatives so while they may do sophisticated things and talk about groan up stuff, I don't cos I'm the child.

I woke up, got dressed and spend most of the morning  in full school uniform and I see I wasn't the only one in our community that spent at least some of our time like that today.

We went out for Christmas lunch where apart from having some lovely well cooked food, I played a small springy man with a sucker that holds it down for a minute before it goes pop and jumps up in the air landing all over the place. I had loads of fun doing that and Mummy was okay with it too. Having a Mummy that'll let you do this in public is so awesome.

 As well I had this the 75th Anniversary annual of the British Comic the Beano with special stories, jokes and other things in them that make me happy.

I also had the Dandy annual too which in way is a bit sad as it finished a few weeks ago for good.

In a Christmas for me, new children's books feature as I love reading about people and their adventures so there's Emerald Star, a follow up to Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson in their hardback editions.

A borderline adult little girl colleague bought me this cos it reminded them of me which was just lovely.

I love Jacqueline Wilson, having a good number of her books which appeal to girls and boys like me plus the uber cool and kawaii Hello Kitty annual.

Mum bought me some cute girly socks and Scottish shortbread. I had a tin of chocolates to share cos well sharing is a 'very good thing tm' although Ill have to change some gloves as my hands are small, the fingers are smaller than Mummy's even and these are way too big
.
I have record coming just after Christmas too as it was in the Christmas Eve sale too.
Now the funny thing is people this is so similar to the Christmas's of of the past and you know what? It just feels so right.

No comments: