Tuesday 1 January 2013

Trains with a bushy tail!


Phew it's a cold start to the year outside!


 It may be new year but we're going backwards!

That there steam choo choo - Met Locomotive No. 1 - was a weekend visitor to London's subway systems ("The Underground") 150th anniversary on the Metropolitan and Circle line. Just imagine the smell and sound of all that steam and the regulars might even why me of all people just puts up for the first time ever a picture of a train?

While many gurls like me shock love trains especially the steam powered sort probably keying into stories around getting to girls and boys boarding schools and that marvellous 1970 film adaption of The Railway Children, for me trains are a darker thing routed in childhood issues.

Consequently talking trains to me is something I'm ill at ease with not that's your fault or anything just the demons running around my head but we're getting somewhere as I was able to view footage of of this weekends event without wanting to hide or run off.

I even thought having that train running was a really nice idea!

Some of us may remember seeing something with a bright bushy tail when we were younger and also some of us have seen the 'real' thing.


Boom! Boom! Yes it's Basil Brush the anthropomorphic red fox star his own BBC TV show starting in 1968 though 1980 and in a slightly different form from 2002 through 2007.

A somewhat mischievous sly creature he was really funny taking the mickey out of his fellow characters in the series with some measure of his popularity being how many times he was referenced in other British tv shows. Whenever he was on tv I couldn't stay still!!!

No comments: