Tuesday 8 January 2013

Repairing the past

The circles have been getting wider as I have been finding people who in some ways are more like adult children even if they do a few things different than I do.

For instance some are very much into things such as wearing school uniforms as part of being that child back in that time whither or not it is a uniform from the same period  they were originally at school or a more recent one as uniforms have changed a fair bit since I formally left school in the early 1980's.

We were still in a fairly rigid girls must wear skirts and dresses era even if many female employees could wear trousers and that did include some teachers.


For some, being that school child is getting back to their school days but trust me I never left mine simply because I just Never Grew Up.

The point about me being in school uniform is really to put me back to where my development stopped and where I can have a second chance to polish up and become a mature school gurl learning how to do things better and restore the buffers between the adult world and me,

The schoolboy me then only had occasional opportunities to express the more feminine side because of the attitudes of the time and so putting me in skirts is more a reparative therapy to let the feminine boy side of that era out and embrace my whole identity.

No comments: