Wednesday 30 November 2016

Remaking the Pink Floyd Collection

Recently Pink Floyd Records, the groups own label have started a new vinyl record campaign with newly cut versions of their albums.

This suited me as I had over the years lost a number of my Pink Floyd lps so here's a little about my collection.
Meddle released in late 1971 was an example of an album with a main work spread over one side and shorter pieces on the other.
My copy is a original Canadian one I bought from a friend.

My older brother had a copy of Obscured By Clouds from 1972 which broke the Pink Floyd on American FM stereo radio and I recently bought this 1978 copy and cleaned it using the clean I wrote about.
Dark Side of The Moon is the 1973 multi-platinum selling album, home of the track Money, often played at hifi shows that came with stickers and two posters.
My late 80's copy got it's jacket clawed so I bought this 2016 new copy which sounds just great.
Wish You Were Here from 1975 was an album I borrowed a lot, and is really about how the music business exploits musicians and I bought this for the first time on vinyl a month ago in this 2016 edition.
Animals, the 1977 album looks at conformity, small town small mindedness and how societys values are shaped by those who run it.
I did have this on record in the early 80's but lthat went so I bought this newly cut version that came out last month.
The Wall was a massive seller looking at the effects of losing a father during WW2, the way some schools abused any child who had a genuine spirit, how playing in a band location to location for months on end takes its toll on the mental well-being of stars.

This is the first vinyl copy I have owned and is this years newly mastered version which sounds most vivid.

No comments: