Monday 28 December 2020

Christmas 2020

It's nearly another year in the history of this blog and as today is Christmas day like last year we have an entry on the blog ready cooked like our turkey is ready for lunch with my parents and my presents are with them.

The one thing is they are all connected very much to my little side, the side that remains very much a little sissy gurl and to be truthful Christmas for me is a little sissy gurl affair - mine.

They have been opened across the morning and I've just got around to posting a bit about them as with the present pandemic we're not expecting any visitors for drinks and snacks.

That means I can be as feminine as I like wearing a grey skirt, blue sweater and white pereline socks.


This year I had the vintage Legoland set 653 which makes an ambulance helicopter to go with new and old lego sets I've had for the last two Christmas's.

As well, I had the vintage Legoland 691 rescue helicopter kit both of which were issued in 1974 and were things I would of had then and indeed I did have lego then bought me. Unexpectedly I got this monster type 10717 set of mainly bricks from Daddy with 1,500 pieces inside which will add a lot more to my legos.

Back in 1974 I did have an Action Man, actually I had a handful of action men with many accessories such as uniforms, vehicles, weaponry and equipment that I loved to play with and I have talked about on the blog a few times.

The Dandy is no longer published today weekly as it was when I was first young but D C Thomson do publish a Summer Special and a Annual with some newly drawn stories from the cartoon strips I loved as a boy. 

A child's Christmas is what it is I will be having with everything adult removed from the presents and expectations, dressed as such watching children's cartoons.

These two helicopters expand the playability of my lego by adding kits that I can play with from my own era.

They were sadly casualties of casting away to relatives children when my parents felt at fifteen I no longer wanted them which wasn't true cos I was still playing with them.

Recently a limited edition range of new "classic" Action Man figures were issued and this year for christmas I actually have a new one to treasure.

Rupert the Bear is celebrating his 100th birthday this year so I had a most useful calendar, The 100th anniversary Rupert annual with classic stories from Nutwood to read across the year.
This years annual which I had is shown with Desperate Dan carrying the weight of the Dandy.


In with the annuals was this retrospective look at the cartoon art of Dudley D Watkins who worked on various cartoon strips in The Beano and Dandy featuring whole original strips, some I had as a child.

The Classic series restores many of the best cartoon strips of those comics to circulation in themed collection.




Annuals were always a big thing with me and apart from the Dandy's I also had the Beano's but the modern Beano is of necessity different to suit today's children and that world so I didn't have this years but the Christmas 68 page Special edition which is enough to give me that feel of Christmas in Beanotown on top of the regular comic I get.

With the Beano, outside of the original annuals of the period I was first young, they take me back me to those days for being clearly set in the era so to read this years is to feel I was reading those comics and annuals all over again.
I did get this 1977 edition which I'm sure I had at the time, just into my teens, that'll take me back into that time when I played Mull Of Kintyre all Christmas.

Scouting is covered on another blog in much more detail but this year I did have a most useful hardback book.


Let's say Scouting and all it means has been at the core of much of my life this year and it'll be of great use to me.

Finally I did a record that only recently was issued which contains many of the hits I can remember from original childhood Christmas's including Merry Xmas Everybody, the number 1 Christmas hit of 1973



A Selection Box, not quite the classic packaging but pretty much the sort of thing I had back then. 

 



No comments: