Monday 7 February 2022

Finding the freedom to be me



When it all comes together this life is a good a hundred and eighty degrees to that of people of the same bone age even if like ships in the night we pass and at times share space together.

People sometimes wonder where you may find a sense of freedom and where within this lifestyle it can be found given much of the misinformation and criticism you see around.

I suppose the first thing I’d say was that as individuals we have certain freedoms in many instances backed by laws to protect rights such as to have free association, to express points of view, to information that’s free from government interference and bias, to express our sexual and gender identity and practise our beliefs within reason.

Nobody I’ve ever encountered our world ever argued against those things, indeed regardless of  party politics, many have been the strongest advocates for individual liberties and freedoms I’ve ever encountered.

How we use those freedoms in our lives and relationships is very much our own business because they are the bigger things that enable it but the notion that the smaller side, that of how private lives are structured needs to be based on joint everything is not one even in Vanillaville necessarily follows.

After all how do you think a situation where both of you had the last say would work out?

Not very well.

Life for me then is a roll back to much of the social position of a child of having a say but not the final one where Adults rather than the adult-child me run much of my world.

The freedom I get from that is to be that carefree boy able to play, watch tv and read comics with just an agreed time to be in and around for meals and bed time, following the rules of the Adults.

To a very large extent I also resemble that little in their skirts, dresses and shirts although I do own short trousers too which was a freedom denied in original boyhood which leaves me feeling good for just being me rather than feeling I was full time acting as someone else.

And that's the main thing.

No comments: