Wednesday 14 June 2023

Weekly update

 It's another Wednesday after the warm weekend so it is time for a blog and not just ice cream.


Seeing we are in a new month a few days ago a new copy of Monster Fun arrived, the first issue since the announcement a few months back the comic was going to a monthly cycle on the back of great sales and this months theme, as there is always a theme for all the comic strip series is things connected to the Age of the Dinosaur.

There will be some new comic strips too coming which will be appreciated by the children who do read it being a old-new comic for children rather than a retro comic for adults judging by the many letters on the letters page by that audience who love the ghoulish humour.

Friday's Blue Peter was all about sports and how to gain the Sports Badge with an excellent demonstration of Wheelchair Basketball which was something I did play as well as BMX biking which was beyond me.

I found my Book Number 5 published 1968, really the 1969 annual that survived three house moves and almost as much a comfort thing as any teddy bear as read this when I was very young, in bed with severe migraines which were very frequent then.

Originally it was my older brothers but was gifted to me few years after publication as I was watching the show back then.

Sissy may be going to the ball after all as a kind offer has come up to remedy being in effect locked out of a littles get together as those attending arrange next times while you who only missed one for being seriously ill can never get back in.

Time to root out all the frillies and the little girl socks me thinks.

Something I have been working on is storage of records which as part of my collection are not a massive part, present their own challenges as 14 x14 inch when in their jackets take more space than cds or tapes and are a bit fussier as they are prone to warping if near heat or if not stored straight and this can include damage to the covers too.

Currently I'm laying tracks of storage units which involves typically moving everything around them and not just the records, putting the unit in and filling it in the slots which does also making finding individual discs easier.

Just a lot of initial effort.

No comments: