Monday 23 January 2006

Cubs and Brownies

The first month of the new blog is almost coming to an end and I am beginning to get the feel for how I want this blog to be.

This takes me back to the days when my young brother was a Cub and indeed my older brother was and he stayed up to Venture Scouts which was quite something having assisted him with various things to do with it.

There is a large element of that scouting type in me even now loving excitement, adventure, learning new skills all while having fun plus I loved the look that uniform.

It was case that I wanted to join the Guides as a Brownie like my junior girl friends did because I saw me with all my differences as a gurl and so preferred to be in the girls section of the scouting movement for being feminine.


The uniform back then was a lovely brown tunic I so wanted to wear.


You had your Handbooks for Brownies and when you became ten, Guides with a cap,belt, publications and annuals too

That was more the way I'd sooner things of been back then but the past from a gender point of view is very much a foreign country where things were much different.

No comments: