Wednesday 24 December 2008

Blue Peter

One television show I always loved was the BBC's Blue Peter which I started viewing around 1969/70 where this group of presenters, John Noakes (R.I.P 2018), Peter Purves and at the back Valerie Singleton with Shep, Petra and Jason, the Siamese cat respectively.

It just had the right balance of interesting features, adventures and challenges not just to entertain you but to inspire you to make more of a life for yourself as you grew up 
Shep with John Noakes was a legend and in truth the magic of the presenter line up I grew up with Lesley Judd replacing Valerie from 1972/3 was such that out of what can be rose tinted nostalgia many presenters have struggled to match.
This is Blue Peter book seven, one of a good number I own  published in nineteen seventy for the next year which ended up in many a christmas stocking with features about things on the show, facts and figures plus stories.

It is telling that in 2008 that I watch the show still having viewed this years Christmas special on CBBC.

No comments: