Wednesday 13 July 2011

Meadow time

It's Summer Time time to go out and explore which with me is more a  grey shorts and cute socks thing


Welcome to a bit of The Meadow where I live in a picture I took a short while back and for the photographically knowledgeable I made exposure corrections electronically to deal with the high contrast on the original.

I'm near woodland  and that was left as bowling green flat grass dead land where I walk often that was taken over by locals and made into a bit of roadside meadow.

If you look toward the bottom you'll see the Bluebells were out together with other vegetation because they made a space for them, tending to their needs.

There's a metaphor in that picture: You created a meadow to which I landed tendering to my needs so I grew and blossoming as the Little Gurl you know, gaining strength.

Like that Meadow you too can find all manner of things down in it, things you may have forgotten and much that you need to get by in this world.

A friend wrote elsewhere about how much she enjoyed the sense in which it's all about the experience of the innocent of the little child, how safe that environment felt compared to others and the positive nature of the experience.

I think she hit the proverbial nail on the head.


I always loved Beatrix Potter's world for its whimsical but not too soppy tail of rural life and not least Peter Rabbit.


It didn't matter that Benjamin Bunny got punished for breaking the rules. We all do.


  

No comments: