Saturday 26 May 2012

Holidays of the past

I didn’t go to Blackpool, Lancashire in the 1960’s as my family tended to go to caravan sites in North Wales which isn’t far from the North-west Midlands.

We did go in the early 1970’s when my Nan was alive – just as she survived attempted suicide following a nervous breakdown and delusions – and in an album currently MIA there are pictures of me in shorts and t shirts there.

My shorts were not as long as his but made of white cotton, held by a snake clasp belt and usually stripy coloured t shirts.

At the time it still had some of its glamour not that was as refined as it’s opposite along the coast Morecambe but started losing its way in 80’s and 90’s as families with children seemed to go overseas more and more as Disneyland Fla and Paris become must visit places instead.

No comments: