Wednesday 4 July 2012

Littles sleep

 

Last week I talked about sleep having lost several spoons to staying awake for longer than is good  for me and sleep is something that has been mentioned before as in Little Modes Sleep like there's a current thread running on it at Adisc and with friends.

Anyway peoples you'll recall I'd converted sleep into a going to sleep and waking up  as a adult little gurl experience with age appropriate bedlinen, teddy bears, posters, pretty much the works really and it was wonderful.

Well, how well do you find actually switching off, closing your eyes and going to sleep? 

If you're like most of us maybe a bit iffy even if we turn off the Tv for a bit before getting into bed. But there's something, you might remember it, that used to work pretty well for you when you were younger and I'm suggesting you try it.

Recently faced with this, I recalled this reassuring routine of either being read a short story or maybe of listening to soothing songs -Lullabies- that from being in bed get you into a relaxed sleepy frame of mind from my own childhood.

It happens that Amazon has a pretty good recording of Lullabies in contemporary arrangements in stock that is available as an inexpensive download as well as a cd and I bought it.

Lullabies-the rainbow collection which I'm sure is available on Amazon in the States and Canada too.

It runs for about 35 minutes which is just long enough for you to start to drift off clutching your teddy and it does really help having adopted this into my sleep routine packed with favourite songs and rhymes from the past.

No comments: