Wednesday 18 September 2013

Revisiting and getting younger

We did make a bit of a reference to whole topic of games attire as some peoples idea of gender neutrality basically amounts to taking masculine stuff and adding "for girls too" which does nothing for us.

Jane Girls like me all feel better wearing traditional  wrap around games skirts loving the air and freedom of movement a skirt gives you.


I've gotten a new Green pleated school skirt and a matching netball skirt with the pleats at the side and rear plus matching gym knickers.


Earlier this month I was away visiting a favourite seaside resort Llandudno in North Wales where apart from just relaxing I found myself very much in the mindset of that young gurl interacting with all around hur.

I decided to go over to the Punch And Judy show that I loved as a ten year old and found myself being pulled back in with the children.
"Judy!' screamed all the children and me as Mr Punch pictured on the left of the puppet show goes to attack her baby as she lives it to get Mr Punch's dinner that comprised of Sausages. Mr Punch gets his just deserts later on in the performance for assaulting Judy and PC Plod. It's enough to say he won't repeat the offence again.

We all loved the performance of this traditional and decisively non politically correct seaside children's entertainment.

It's amazing just how much of a child I really am.

No comments: