Wednesday 10 February 2021

The Blazer

 There are those who might of wondered just where all of this may of ended up given the original entries on the blog.

My junior school had not exactly a full school uniform but a bit more than a dress code probably because the staff were split on the issue so while we had to wear a tie and a proper formal shirt and shorts there wasn't a 'regulation'  for socks.

There was a colour for the jersey - red- which has now changed to royal blue but no approved make or supplier unlike the local day high schools or nearby prep schools.

They did not have a blazer which did result in much shirt and shorts pocket bulging but I now have a blazer from a proper uniform supplier more in spirit with the kind of uniform policies we had, a simple plain royal blue one.

You could say it's partly a homage to my junior school to be in their colours today just as much to the fact frankly I'd of loved to had worn one at the time.

Naturally my grey skirts and grey school dresses peek out from the bottom of it in prep school style aided by my skirts being as short as they were in the seventies and eighties relative to my height but I do look smart in it fitting perfectly with no ugly bulges around the lower chest and waist.

No comments: