A changed format for this edition but we've had a new edition to the 1995-1999 arc of the Now Yearbook series which marks the point where afterwards the series for the 2,000nds starts with a four cd set for two years.
It was the last year of the century the point by which I'd moved to buying mainly albums albeit on record, cd or the so 90's MiniDisc that appeared to toss good sound and portability with digital convenience in finding tracks.
I opted for the book version as I no longer have the magazines such as Blues and Soul I used to read during this era and well I don't feel like hunting the internet to check when something was a hit and how high in the chart it got.
All our late 90's favourites are present from Indie, Rock, Modern R&B and Pop like the much talked about B*Witched from Ireland.
In August the now obligatory Extras set with 61 more hits arrived in a card wraparound sleeve that really jars with the quality of the main set.
Electric Barbarella by Duran Duran included in their Decade compilation appears as do so entries by former Spice Girls while brilliant funksters Jamiroquai feature with Supersonic and beloved of furry dice Ford Escort owners Lighthouse Family show up with Postcard From Heaven.
This is a great way to say goodbye to this decade when Top Of The Pop's still was the show to watch even if we had MTV and VH1 for classic shows such as The Lick with Trevor Nelson.




No comments:
Post a Comment