Wednesday 30 April 2014

Being a Brownie at heart

It's been an odd year, lots of different things happening, being with new people for a day, sometimes more while I also do explore a bit more around where I am in the way I used to enjoy so much.

Scouting has always had an inner conflicted thing with me in that while as a feminine gurl but raised as a boy I am unlike some quite at one with being biologically male however the execution of that especially in the era I was brought was problematic.

Some parts of the whole back story to Guiding and from that Brownies sit easier with me, in general I like wearing dresses which just isn't an option in Cubs but I have no desire to be a girl.

It's like I'm a Cub-Brownie.

I can get by in the grey shorts they wore back then and they have their plus points for hiking but being restricted to that doesn't really fit as I want that tunic.

The whole ethos of Scouting is very much me though and I'm happy to socialize with boys, although I am a gurl and back then that was a problem.

Living more in accordance with that and the Law and Brownie promise is something I just feel called to.

No comments: