Wednesday 10 July 2019

Computing adventures

 This week there's been a few computing related things on my mind.


Sanriotown.com is a place I visited rather a lot from around 2007 because it had a variety of things under one roof such as a Multiplayer game set in the Sanrio world you could play, a fairly active forum where people of all ages talked about all the different characters tv shows and merchandise, not just Hello Kitty but Twin Little Stars, Chococat and others too.

You could send e-cards - and I certainly did - based on the characters, download screensavers which I also did, have a blog there and have email accounts with your name@any of the sanriocharacters.com such as hello kitty.

All in all it was great place, ideal for a little too if you used a bit of commonsense when it comes to sharing spaces.

Over the years bits have fell off such as the game but this last few weeks not only has the email been down with "Down for service" but the whole site has too like this morning I couldn't connect even to the homepage.

I just get this feeling it's terminal.

One advantage in having your browsers information used with your Google Account is it always stays in step across different machines so if you've been as online as long as I have you can whip out the old laptop and edit the bookmarks as sites either lose all interest to you, Tumblrs get removed or sites have shut down for good  in the knowledge every machine you use will now be updated.

This probably is something I should of done a while back to be honest but the idea of doing to separate machines one by one put me off.

That said the new Chromebook is working out fine for things like chatting with my BFF when the laptop isn't just overkill but takes a while to boot up and then runs warm which on a day like Saturday when it was almost 30 degrees C is the last thing you need as your sipping water by the beakerful, trying to stay cool.

No comments: