Wednesday 23 October 2019

Getting that Cubby feeling II





This week as we're well into Autumn I was outside exploring Brownie style in grey shorts and socks taking a few pictures.
The local trees are a little late changing colour this year but this group looked just great having spotted one of few dry moments  with sunshine to capture them.

At ground level  good number of leaves have already fallen and in with them were bits of branches and pine cones.

I took back in the coat pocket of my red cagoule this Horse Chestnut aka a Conker, one a a good number and the least damaged of them which we played Conkers with when I was younger.

Berries are out and these were in a hedgerow nearby where I did spot a few finches scuttling about.
These leaves bring back a lot of memories as they were near my first school, the building still surviving but repurposed for light engineering as even then I always followed the seasons.

This was always what I loved.

No comments: