Wednesday 21 October 2020

Pasts and the present

In a week when some actual children have been very concerned around their examinations, this week I'm looking rather more at things from my past and the present.

One thing I really enjoyed playing with was lego which you could make more or less anything from but many of the suggestions tended to be more around boys interests like making trucks and less social so this is more my kind of lego.



Another thing I was interested in was nature study and the sciences so one thing I did have was a microscope set although it looked deadly masculine to be honest so I'd of loved to had had this set which although being a serious piece of kit is much more appealing.


Something I'd of love to had had would of been craft sets to make pretty accessories like these charms with girls sharing and chatting away.

As a sissy gurl they're so me.

 Tin Tin as in The Adventures of  was something I followed reading the books and watching on tv at the time although his past has come under much scrutiny in recent years and it can't be denied some scenes do reflect the less than charitable views Belgium had toward Africans in their then colonies.
It's right to be aware of such things but can we say in fifty years time many of our attitudes might be seen in the same way we do now?

I feel it's better to acknowledge the past and learn from it rather than re-writing or airbrushing it as if it never happened.

It's also how I look at my life experiences.

No comments: