Wednesday 4 March 2009

Making that choice

 



In my schoolboy days, it was a time when many parents began to argue against gender designated uniforms, mostly on the basis that pants were more appropriate for students who enjoyed rough and tumble play (i.e tomboys).


Being petite, gentle and shy, it would be disconcerting knowing that if all students were judged by that criteria, then it would be decisively deemed without question, that I would be in skirts.


Then you were in school, you agreed that the boys and tomboys who enjoyed rough and tumble play, should have been allowed to wear pants.


When in school I agreed that gentle, shy, physically delicate gurls like myself, should have the option to be in skirts along with the rest of the girls!

 

It may be March but doesn't mean it's Spring yet.

Indeed as I recall when I was younger, it still could be quite chilly and even with snow  until April as I walked from school, not least our first house a good mile away down country lanes dressed with a woollen hat which would of been hand knitted by my Nan a thickish coat typically a Duffle coat with a thick lining while wearing shorts of this sort length and three quarter socks.

One of these days I'll wake up to this all over again but this time in a skirt!

No comments: