Wednesday 11 January 2017

Snowed in musings

It's a bit of a snowy day here so while I had anything in particular mapped out for today's entry I thought I might as well make use of being stuck indoors.

There are a few things I am going to be talking about, one is how comments and entries not just on my blog, although as ever so long as they're fit to be printed I'm always happy for people comment on it.

I think there's a difference between talking about something, it might be drawing , an article or a story and what you feel about it and where it is about some technical aspect of it such as missing a small matching bit off a picture or perhaps not the ideal shade of a colour  in picture or a spelling or punctuation mistake in a written piece.

I think we're familiar enough  being set a task at school or college, handing it in  and being graded on it perhaps to the point of a written comment being made the sorts of things I can think of would be "Needs new paragraph", "Should be in red" or even as I had in school "See me" when I didn't really feel like putting much effort into things and things came out of draws *cough*.

Anyway that's fine and dandy for formal learning and yes even I increasing recognize the value of that and being expected to put more thought into things so we go improve in what we're doing but when we do things just for ourselves as shared "For fun" thing is that the right way to go about it?

Rather than leaving a string of comments about technical errors we can easily correct forever marring it, shouldn't we message or email any  points or suggestions that that person can put aright so while they do learn as we need to from our mistakes, our masterpiece isn't left  cluttered up by them?

The other really is how the age dysphoric side of my life runs in tandem with being a feminine gurl so they way in which I present as that gurl comes from that past, being as a schoolboy in the school system but more able than I was at the time to let it all out.

It can be in things such as wearing school uniform but with a pleated skirt more than short trousers although I don't have big issue with them but back then they were all you had, my play clothes or in say my interests such as say colouring in my Frozen colouring book or re-reading some of the classic girls school stories.

Everything in this life connects to those days of yore even if some of way we do things like using mobile phones to let friends know we are there rather than red telephone boxes and using computers to access the internet  are different.

The basic purpose is the same it's just that time has moved on and you can't live in 2016 as you did in 1977 totally.

It's just that you're living more in tune with the spirit of that age and making new childhood memories that help overcome some of the not so great ones of the past. 

No comments: