Wednesday 27 December 2023

Christmas changed is here

Christmas got made after the messy one of 2022 and this years events that impacted many of the rituals as you notice that missing face, the usual conversation around wrappng, card writing and the like.

So it was different but with some certainties which showed in presents.


Somethings are repeats from original childhood such as the Dandy annual or reprints from classic Beano and Dandy comic strips making perfect sense in the world of this adult sissy gurl

Today's Beano is almost a magazine comic mash up with much in the modern child's world where for some of us including children comics that just humour still cut it so rather than getting this years Beano annual I had the Christmas Special, a good representation of the modern Beano.

We wrote about the cd version of enlarged classic Beatles 1962-1966 compilation but I had from Dad the record version which has the extra tracks on a third disc.


I had this compilation of Erasure a very popular synth pop duo that covers all their hits and is fairly up to date too. 

I bought the singles but never got an album of theirs until this was obtained from Mr Claus on Monday.


It's been absolutely ages since there's been any Moody Blues records here, at least the mid 1980's and this two lp set has some of their best moments in chronological order which will put that aright


Classical music is something I like and as I had been getting some brand new records I was given a copy of this classic 1970 account on vinyl which will replace the record I bought in 1979 which disappeared when much of my classical music collection got replaced by cds.


I tend to forget things so this very vintage Winnie the Pooh A5 dairy will no doubt prove most useful to note visits and things to remember to do

I had some money and vouchers for the New Year which I can spend on some new clothes but while it was difficult emotionally I was glad we had Christmas again.

No comments: