Sometimes on this blog I feel I get stuck in a rut we need to move a little out of and perhaps talk a little more around.
For most of us, we progress as our ages get older as much as I feel being grown up somewhat overrated and often cuts outs things that have good reason to remain in your life such as your interests and yes how you might present.
Our formative influences include our parents, the wider family, peers and school with our parents and the wider family being the biggest one as from the moment we were born, they dressed us, as we got older that changed but for most people, in your teens your peers and "fashion" count for more as you establish more of your own sense of self.
There tends to be a "battle of wills" and for most, you win but usually with some concessions to your parents concerns.
It's different for anyone who is transexual or like me, a sissy cos in most situations your parents will deny it, certainly won't do anything sensible like channel that more like that our your peers which for many us of who were "assigned" as male they'd of developed a whole look so by the time comes they're ready to leave school they resemble more a "Young Woman".
We never did and I know speaking personally a part of my problem lies in just not developing a sense of being feminine sissy me that was closer to that of girls who were growing up when all I saw was the more obvious schoolgirl and my obsession with trying be more like her.
Really what I needed was assistance with learning to dress outside of a school context as a growing up gurl who might go parties, visit the cinema with friends as a confident young thing and that's where having some support from Mums, sisters and the like would of helped as they'd us develop that sense of older gurl that corresponded to older girl, more like an adult..jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment